Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Simple things are the best

Hey 
       I got a text from my dad "Aahhhh...A&W ROOT BEER FLOATS...It dont get no better'n this" he says. I told him I agree that it doesn't get any better.
The perfection of the root beer float defies explanation. It is a work of art in a frosty mug. Some of the best memories I have as a kid are making root beer floats with my mom and my sisters. 
           The text started me thinking of how many simple things in our world Are also perfect in their own way. Freshly mown grass , warm summer rains, the first snow. In Alaska we have a few that are unique for our state. The northern lights , fireweed ( a native flowering plant), summer nights that don't end, and the state fair in the fall. These are the things that are on my list anyway. Our state holds many things that are simple and wonderful. It's different everyone. Once you've gone to Alaska, you never come all the way back is the saying. Not to sound like an ad for the board of tourism but Alaska is also on that list. Because its as simple as where you live. We tend to complicate our lives on search of more when the reality is that simplicity IS more.
     If we find perfection in the simplest of things then the quest for something better becomes null and void. You found it already, search for the simple thing that makes something awesome. Do that and maybe we can find the awesome in each other, the simple thing that perfect about you and everyone.
Stay true 
PS

No comments:

Post a Comment